Faith Ranch Staff
- Daniel Boone
- Age: 25
- From Carrizo Springs, Tx.
- Guide Experience: 13 Years (4 Years at Faith Ranch)
- I began hunting Whitetail deer at the age of 7. Having
been raised on the Faith Ranch (among others) hunting
became a learning experience at an early age.
- I began to follow my father and learned to judge,
score, and manage deer. My first guiding experience
came at the age of 12 on Bandera Ranch. Since then I
have guided on as many as 6 ranches across South Texas.
Aside from guiding, I have my own business as a Tile
Setter. My company is called DB Tile Masters.
- I look forward to beginning this season and helping
others get the big game.
- Chuck Davis
- Chuck Davis has been a guide on the Faith Ranch for
the past 4 years. Born in Central Texas, Chuck started
hunting at the age of 13. He has hunted several species
of game in North America, Canada, Colorado, and South
Africa. Hunting is a passion for both Chuck and his
wife Cindy. Besides hunting, Chuck is a scientific breeder
and raises whitetail deer. Other hobbies include fishing,
and golf. If you are looking for the hunting experience
of a lifetime, book your hunt on the Faith today.
- Miguel Harper
- Miguel was born in San Antonio, TX he comes from a
large ranching family and has been hunting since early
childhood. Miguel started guiding hunts for his uncle
McLean Bowman when he was 16 on their family ranch in
Dimmit County. He started guiding at the Faith in 1996.
Miguel also is an outfitter for another great ranch
in Jim Hogg County. He welcomes all hunters to the Faith
- James Hillhouse
- James Hillhouse has been a South Texas whitetail guide
for the past ten years. For the past six years James
has been a full time guide on the Faith Ranch.
- James was born in Missouri and has lived in Belton,
Texas since 1972. He has hunted whitetail all of his
life, having hunted in Texas, Colorado, Missouri and
Arkansas. Taxidermy is one of his hobbies. James is
a family man. He and his wife, Phyllis, have five children,
one son and four daughters. James welcomes you to the
premier ranch of South Texas...hope to see you on the
"Chris Lepley with a buck he killed in Ohio"
- Chris Lepley
- Chris is a resident of Mt. Vernon Ohio where he was
born and raised. Chris has been hunting whitetail deer
for 16 years. He started to guide deer hunts on the
Faith Ranch in 1994-95 season. He recently harvested
his best buck, a 212 5/8 net nontypical with a bow in
central Ohio.You can read more on this trophy buck hunt
in the July issue of North American Whitetail Magazine.
- Chris has a degree in wildlife management from Hocking
College. But in the off season has his own trucking
business that keeps him busy in the summer months. His
wife and two year old daughter keep him busy as well.
- Sylvia Hernendez
- Sylvia was born and raised in Carrizo Springs. She has
been with the Faith Ranch for the last 10 years. She oversees
all housekeeping in both the mainhouse and the package
- Karen Kolos
- Karen was born in Alice, Texas. She has lived most of
her life in Carrizo Springs. Working in her citrus orchard
or in her yard are just a few of her hobbies. She enjoys
spending time with her husband Phil and their 3 kids Courtney,
Kevin, and Kashley. She has been with the Faith Ranch
for the past 2 years as the Administrative Asst. She is
also our menu and supply coordinator for the package hunts.
- Mary Mota
- Mary was born in Trenton,Michigan but has lived most
of her life in Carrizo Springs. She has been with the
Faith Ranch for 10 years. She is our head cook at the
bunkhouse and during the package hunts.
- Frank Mota
- Frank was born in Nayarit, Mexico. He served in the
USMC for 6 years. He has lived in Carrizo Springs for
13 years. He has been with the Faith Ranch for 3 years.
He is the Ground Maintanance Supervisor.